Wednesday, 4 May 2016

Natalie Does Fitness

Heeeyy!!

So I've finally decided I'm going to venture in to the world of fitness blogging!



Now, I'm going to make it clear from day one that I am in no way an expert on fitness and I fully appreciate that taking bad advice in this field can be very dangerous. As someone who studied Sports and Exercise Science for a year at university before changing back to my trusty ol' love for history, please do not take my advice as gospel, because it's not. One thing I will give myself a little bit of credit for, however, is that I take credible sources very seriously, and likewise for non credible sources. I won't go posting about how great Cross Fit, or detox teas are for you, because it only takes about 10 minutes of research to realise the danger:benefit ratios of these are severely skewed in the wrong direction!

I'm probably not going to sit here and write about the more serious side of fitness. Measuring my macros and how many grams of protein I'm taking into my body per meal isn't exactly my thing. I'm simply going to take you on my fitness journey with me, and I will try my best to do as much research as possible around anything I'm unsure about before posting, and where possible, I will provide my source so you can check I'm not just making it all up!

So now my little disclaimer is out of the way, I'm really excited to begin talking about this! I first started going to the gym when I was about 15 years old. I went 100% into it and although I have had some slumps over the years (usually at university - who doesn't eat an entire bag of chocolate buttons while wallowing in self pity every time you have an essay due in?) I have largely maintained my passion for health and fitness.

I try to go to the gym about 5-6 times a week. I don't follow any particularly rigid fitness routine but rather a fairly standard practice of having a handful of muscle groups I aim to workout per session (e.g. triceps on a Wednesday, abs on a Thursday, glutes and legs on a Friday etc).

I also work full-time so there will definitely be a few posts coming up about how to work your gym life around your job, as well as how to eat around this schedule as well! I will definitely not be taking on responsibility as your new fitness and health guru so, as mentioned, wherever possible I will link sources to back up any points or 'advice' I give, and I will also recommend professionals and bloggers who are much more qualified to talk about the subject than me!

I've got an absolute truck load of ideas for this and I really am excited to start - so keep an eye out for my new fitness posts, and please do message me with any ideas you have as well. I'd love to hear from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment