Sunday, 18 October 2015

Review: L'Oreal Infallible 24H Matte Foundation

Hello!

It's probably quite fair to say that I'm a bit of a woman of old habits when it comes to foundation; I've only actually changed my foundation twice in the past 4 years. Whoopsie! So when all the hype was going on around L'Oreal's Infallible 24H foundation I was sat at the sidelines stubbornly biting my nails as I anxiously wanted to try it but feared the consequences of having to alter my routine.

However, I recently saw my sister and demanded to know what she had on her face to make her skin look so flawless, and as it turns out it was this! So I bit the bullet and finally bought it.



I was originally terrified of the thought of wearing a matte foundation. The word itself strikes fear in the heart of all dry skin sufferers out there. However, after testing the foundation in Boots every time I went in there for about a month, I decided that the texture of the foundation was actually very creamy and managed to convince myself it wouldn't stick to any dry patches. Now, I know you're all just going to tell me that there is the alternative version of the Infallible foundation for dry skin, which would obviously make the most sense to buy! However, I had done a lot of research and hadn't really found anyone who had reviewed or used this particular version and I had seen a lot of hype surrounding the matte version. So for some insane reason I decided that despite my dry skin I would buy the matte foundation.


I've been using the foundation for about two week now, and here are my thoughts on the product after use:

Formulation: The formula of the foundation is very silky and I'm surprised it does give such a matte finish!
Application: I applied the foundation with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and I found the foundation applies very seamlessly. The matte version hasn't clung to any dry patches on my skin, and it has just blended just as well as any other foundation I've used. However, I didn't experience the same seamless finish as I have seen on others when they've used the foundation. I definitely do think it's lasting power is great. However, I can't say I've worn it for 24 hours straight yet!
Coverage: The foundation definitely has a medium coverage which can be built up easily. Since I have mild rosacea and this was the reason I began to wear foundation when I was younger, coverage on my cheeks in particular is very important to me. I found the medium coverage of this foundation to be a little weak on its own in terms of hiding my redness, but paired with a good concealer it was absolutely fine.
Price: The cost of the foundation was £9.99 which I think is a great and very reasonable price.
Overall Thoughts: I do enjoy using this foundation as it does everything that I want a foundation to do! It has a lovely formulation, it applies well and covers my redness. However, I was disappointed that I didn't see a particularly 'wow' finish with the product that I have seen on others. I suspect this may have something to do with the fact I went for the matte finish instead of the alternative version and I will definitely be buying the other version in the future to see if it makes a difference!

Have you tried the Infallible 24H Matte Foundation? How did you find it?







No comments:

Post a Comment