Friday, 13 March 2015

Mum in a Million

Hello everyone!

Mother's Day is rapidly approaching and will be with us this Sunday (15th). I don't know about you guys, but the closer it gets, the more I begin to think about all the amazing ways in which my mum has been there for me, and why I genuinely appreciate her for all she's done.



So I thought this would be a really good opportunity to talk about the 5 main reasons I think my mum is a Mum in a Million!


1. A Shoulder to Cry on: My mum has always been there for me whenever I've needed her. From when I was a child and I'd grazed my knee, when I was a teenager and my hormones were making me sob at Kleenex adverts, to even now when things get a little tough. No matter what time of day (or night!) my mum has always been there for me when I need that little extra comfort.

2. A Lot of Encouragement: One of the main reasons I think I've always been so ambitious is because my mum has always been incredibly encouraging of whatever I wanted to do. She's never put too much pressure on me and instead always told me that I can only do my best, and no more. While some people may think this kind of advice might not push me enough to try, it's actually done the opposite. Knowing my mum won't judge me if I fail has instead always provided me with the security to succeed.

3. All the Single Ladies: Like a lot of women nowadays, my mum brought me up as a single parent, and she did an exception job (if I do say so myself)! She raised a large family alone and provided us with a frankly amazing childhood despite the hardships, and I completely admire her for it.

4. Music: My taste in music is combined from both my mum and my dad, but my mum certainly provided the more theatrical side of my personality here. Queen, Alice Cooper, Whitesnake, Scorpions ... the list could go on! But the point is, whenever I fancy a good old using-a-brush-as-a-microphone scenario this is the music I turn to and it really perks me up when I need it, and where else would I have learned to love 80s power ballads if it wasn't for my mum?

5. Compassion: I know everyone thinks their mum is the most caring person in the world, but I still haven't found anyone as empathetic and compassionate as mine. She's taught me to always consider the other person's situation and point of view before judging and it really has stuck with me throughout my life.

I know I said I'd only do 5 points but I just have to say one more thing! Finally, I have to say that it's because my mum is who she is through and through - her strengths, her weaknesses, her sense of humour, her personality as a whole - that's why my mum will always be a Mum in a Million to me.

I unfortunately won't have time to do a post on mother's day gifts this year but one of the best ways to let your mum know you appreciate her is to give her the gift of time. That is, to send her away on a break where she can relax, unwind and just soak up her awesomeness, and luckily for one mum out there the lovely people over at Parkdean are hosting an amazing competition to win a 3 or 4 night break at one of their 24 award winning UK parks!

All you have to do to enter is click here and fill in the form! Who wouldn't want a free holiday?!

Good luck and a Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mums out there!



No comments:

Post a Comment