Wednesday, 20 August 2014

Couttiepie Reviews: Benefit Brow Zings

Hey there!

So I did say a few posts back that I was looking to do some more beauty reviews. One thing I've become a lot more focused on in recent years is my eyebrows. I unfortunately have incredibly patchy brows and not a lot of hair grows there, which sucks because the shape of my eyebrows is rather nice. So about 2 years ago on the recommendation of a friend, I decided to give Brow Zings by Benefit a shot. I've been using it ever since. You can pick it up at most large Boots stores, Debenhams and of course online at Benefit.

It comes in three shades: light, medium and dark. I have a medium shade colour of brown hair but I like my eyebrows to look darker than my hair so I personally use the dark shade.






The set costs £22.50 which is pretty steep but I can promise you, this has lasted me about 5-6 months every time I've bought a new set, making it a lot cheaper in the long-run than other, less pricey alternatives. It's incredibly easy to use and even comes with its own instruction guide.



It comes with 2 brushes: a hard angle brush and a blending brush, a mini set of tweezers, a soft wax to shape the brow, and a powder to set the shape in place. It's incredibly straight forward to do and the results are amazing. As long as you leave the brow to set for about 10 minutes (basically don't go smudging straight away), I've found I can barely wipe the eyebrow off and have to really scrub with a make-up wipe to do so, so don't worry about it coming off easily!


I've taken a few quick pics when I was doing my make up this morning so I can show you guys how much of a transformation it makes!


My very naked brows!


After using the hard angle brushed to apply the wax:


After using the blending brush to apply the powder and blend the brow in:


As you can see, it works absolute wonders! I couldn't praise this enough. The only bad thing I would say is do not drop it. The powder will smash and it becomes pretty unusable. Trust me, I've done it about three times and it kills me everytime, it's so easy to do.

Other than that, this product is a solid 8/10 for me.

Have you used it before? What do you think? Would you suggest anything different?


5 comments:

  1. I've never used Benefit brow products before, but it does have a strong payoff. If you aren't head over heels in LOVE with this product I would suggest Anastasia Beverly Hills wholeheartedly. Once I began using that brand for eyebrows I've never even looked at any other product for brows. Her brow whiz pencil and her dipbrow promenade are the stuff of legends.

    Z.
    Love,Zauni.
    Vegas Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I haven't actually heard of it so it would be great to try a new one. I'll give it a shot when this one runs out, thanks!

      Delete
  2. I've always just used a brow pencil but I was curious of these little sets you can get, I definitely think I will give it a try after reading your post, your eyebrows look perfect!

    Fae | SodaBerries

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello:) A lovely blog you have here:)
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC/FB?
    If yes, please follow and let me know. I'll follow back instantly:)
    xx
    http://myhoneybook.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks great! I love Benefit so I may need to try this out x
    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete