Sunday, 6 July 2014

Haircare: How I Get Volume

Hi guys!


I know I don't usually go into this kind of content but I've been becoming more interested in haircare and beauty recently. My hair used to be incredibly thick and healthy, but a mere 1 year's overusing of straighteners and hair dryers has thinned my hair out and left it completely hair damaged. I know I don't get my hair cut as often as I should (seriously, I haven't had it cut since January) and obviously that's not going to help my predicament at all but I'm going to start, I promise!

In the meantime, however, I've been trying to hunt down effective products that will hopefully help me rejuvenate my tattered hair again! I'm honestly heartbroken at how lifeless my hair has become, since it used to have such a lovely bounce to it so I've been searching high and low for a decent kind of volumising product.


At first, I tried to bring back the curls I once had as they used to provide me with a lot of volume and lift. So I tried multiple curling shampoos, conditioners and treatment, including Umberto Giannini's Curl Friends shampoo and conditioner. However, it became the time to admit that my hair had lost its curl and developed more of a wavy shape to the strands, and I had to ditch my painful efforts to create those long-lost curls.

I then attempted many different forms of texturising products such as L'oreal Paris Studio Line #TXT volumising spray and their Studio Line Hot and Smooth hot curl spray, and Trevor Sorbie's texturising paste. However, I found none of these really made much of a change on my hair (not least because I'm awful at hair styling in the first place!). It just wouldn't curl anymore and no volume could be made.

So while I've completely given up on my curl-crusade, I have continued to find some products to create some sort of volume in my hair and I have finally found a winner!

After doing a bit of research (i.e. stalking other bloggers for hours and finally finding a suggestion from the amazing Fleur De Force) I found a suggestion to use some Aussie products. So off I hopped to Boots and luckily they were having a 3 for £10 offer on Aussie so I actually picked up their Aussome Volume 300ml shampoo and 250ml conditioner, and then for the heat damage, I've tried the 250ml 3 Minute Miracle Take the Heat treatment.

I've only been using the products for about two weeks but I have to say I'm absolutely over the moon with them! Within two uses my hair was noticeably bigger on the crown and it felt a lot more healthy and bouncy than before. I've yet to have to style my hair for any volume as well which is amazing for me because any opportunity to apply less heat is a bonus!

Of course my hair will gain a lot more bounce and volume once I've finally dragged my butt to the hairdressers again but I can only help it looks even better with these amazing products!

Have you guys tried Aussie? What do you use for volume?


No comments:

Post a Comment