Friday, 11 July 2014

Get Preppy

Hi!









Gingham Skirt - Primark | Lilac Vest - Primark | Bag - Primark | 
Sandals - Primark | Nail Varnish - Barry M

I think summer is the perfect time to excuse dressing pretty preppy as the colours and patterns become more acceptable, and with gingham being a hit throughout all of 2014, how could I deny a bit of prep in my wardrobe?!

I spotted this skirt in Primark when I was running in to get some make-up wipes the other day, and on my way out I also saw the lilac vest. I couldn't stop myself thinking how cute they would look together and I picked them both up. The only thing I wish I could change about the skirt is that it would be an A-line instead of a bodycon, this would not only make the outfit a million times more lovely but would also add the 60s edge to the outfit that's becoming more on trend.

Since preppy is all about matching and coordinating, it wouldn't be an outfit if my nails didn't match, right?! This 'vanilla' shade from Barry M's Matte Nail Paint collection is absolutely perfect here. The shade is subtle enough to blend in but the hint of purple picks up on the best top and highlights in the skirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment