Sunday, 29 June 2014

Review: Rimmel 'Wake Me Up' Foundation

Hey!

Today, I wanna talk about a product I've been using for about a year now. The success of this product is definitely not a secret. In fact, I don't think I've heard a bad word said about it, but I can't help but review it myself!

I'm talking about Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation. I absolutely am in love with this particular product and as a creature of habit, I can't see me changing it for a while.



First thing's first: The Packaging
The packaging is really simple on the Wake Me Up bottle. The clear bottle allows you to easily see the shade of the foundation before purchasing which is very helpful and the orange lid not only draws the eye but also suggests the bright, healthy feeling the foundation gives.


The product advertising isn't too overbearing here either. The clear name on the side and the symbol on the lit allow the simple, fresh feel of the product to come through.

Application
Wake Me Up has a lovely texture for a liquid foundation. It's not thick and stodgy on the skin and has a really nice, light feeling upon application. I only apply the foundation with my fingers, I don't actually use any brushes so I don't know what it would be like when applying with them. but when applying with fingers the foundation literally glides over the skin.


Appearance
Instantly upon applying the foundation my skin looks so much fresher and, non-surprisingly, more awake! It adds a slight colour to the cheeks to give a bit of life to the skin, but not too much to make it obvious you're wearing foundation. It creates a very natural looking skin tone and no matter what kind of bad skin day I'm having, I 100% rely on this baby to sort my skin out and rid it of all blemishes.

One thing I would say though is it's probably worth going a shade darker than you would usually go for with this one. I haven't got very dark skin at all bth I found myself sticking to the 'classic beige' shade of this which is certainly darker than I would usually go.

Wearability
One thing I will say about this foundation is that it isn't very good at staying on throughout the day. However, what liquid foundations are? And most of us wear primers anyway, so it's not really a problem at all. I use Rimmel London Stay Matte Primer which is only £5.99 for a 30ml tube and using this with it, I've had no problems with it staying on and most days I don't even have to top up at all, even when I'm working long hours.

Towards the end of the bottle during use, however, the foundation becomes more transparent. It's kinda weird and I don't really know why and what causes it, but although there's a bit left in the bottle, I find myself having to replace it because the foundation just seems a bit thinner. If anyone knows anything about this, could you let me know in the comments?

Conclusion
All-in-all I would give this product a solid 9/10 for the simplicity and sheer quality of it. I don't think I'll be changing my foundation for a long time!



No comments:

Post a Comment