Monday, 24 February 2014

Outfit Post - New River Island Pieces

Hey, hey, hey!



Boyfriend Overcoat - River Island, White Tee - H&M, 
Black Skinnies - River Island

Black Double Zip Chunky Ankle Boots - River Island

You're all probably aware of my passionate love for River Island. When this boyfriend coat and these chunky ankle boots came into store a few weeks ago, my jaw absolutely hit the floor and I couldn't say no! Both the boots and the coat are £40 each so it's a hefty £80 for two items which really isn't cheap, but oh my god they are beautiful.

The good thing about the coat is that it can be paired with so many different outfits. I'm wearing it with a basic tee and skinnies for the casual look, but it could easily be worn with skirts, dresses, even trousers for the 'post-work' look. It would also look amazing teamed with a pastel top or skirt underneath!

Likewise, these boots are just incredibly versatile. Although we're going into S/S, we all know the British weather will allow you a good few months of wear from these bad boys. They could also be worn in the summer with bare legs for a more grungy look but they are pretty heavy so it's pretty much down to personal preference since I, for example, like to wear lightweight shoes in the warmer months and cannot stand anything heavy on my feet!

What do you guys think? How would you style them?


5 comments:

  1. wow I need this coat!

    http://velvet-winter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are gorgeoussss. especially loving your coat!

    www.thestylebender.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely need this coat in my life! Love your blog x

    Would be really grateful if you checked out my new fashion blog over at http://in-my-fashion-pocket.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete