Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Outfit Post: The Leather Gilet

Hi guys!

Oh my god, I have been so useless at updating since being at university! Anyway, I'm home for Christmas now so expect a lot more posts while I have a ton of time on my hands!





Cream Studded Leatherette Gilet - Matalan / Black Jeggings - River Island / Black Heeled Ankle Boots - New Look

Since its winter and in true blogger style, I am all about layering at the minute, and one of the statement pieces that is definitely appealing to me is the gilet. Only, me being me and having to make everything more 'chic', I'm all over the multitude of twists on the classic.

I've had this cream leatherette version from Matalan for a good few years but it has done little but sit in the long-forgotten corner of my wardrobe until recently. I just think it's a lovely little piece to add to the most basic of outfits as not only does the leather give it that edgy twist but the addition of the stud detail on the collar and lapels just tops it off for me as an effortlessly cool piece.

I am waiting so patiently for my student loan to cash in in January but in the mean time I've been making a wishlist of my favourite gilets that I've spotted when I've been sobbing into my computer screen browsing online:




What do you guys think of layering? How would you style a gilet?

Much Love and Peace
Natalie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment