Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Baking!

Hi guys!

Not a fashion post today but instead I'll be focusing on the wonder of baking! Baking has become somewhat of an absolute passion of mine over this summer. With nothing much to do while I'm working and waiting for uni to start again, I've been spending a lot of time baking cakes, cookies, doughnuts - anything I can!

It was also my friend/housemate's birthday this week and she got some absolutely awesome baking equipment for her birthday and we all completely fell in love and got to baking right away! I'm going to go through some of the new items that have been introduced to my house and how effective I reckon they are and also where they're from in case any of you feel inspired!


1. Item 1 is just a really, really cute baking apron. I have been wanting one for a while, since I started getting into baking, mainly because any time it comes to making the icing, icing sugar is an absolute nightmare for going everywhere and as much as I love baking I'm not a huge fan of being part of the cake. This apron (detail can be seen on the top left picture) is just from Poundland for £1 (in case any of you didn't put two and two together) and it's just a lovely little apron that does the job. I am yet to wash it though so I can't comment on how long it lasts with washing and wear and tear but it's working so far!

2. This is one of my housemate's items and all I can say about this is that it's an absolute lifesaver! As we've only been living in our current house for 2 months, there are a few kitchen items we still don't have and a set of scales was one of them. We had picked up a horrifically rubbish set of scales again from Poundland but unlike the apron, this time Poundland did not come through. They failed to correctly weigh anything really and they didn't allow us to alter them if needed. These amazing and adorable scales are from the children's section of Lakeland and work so well! The display screen is neatly tucked away under the scales until you need it upon which you just need to push it and it pops out, making it great for storage! It's very accurate and if you are planning on measuring in a bowl (as most people do, I think) all you need to do is pop the bowl on the scales before pulling the display screen out and it will set at 0g even with the bowl on top, allowing you to accurately measure your ingredients.

3. This lovely little purple Kitchen Kong whisk is from Fred and Friends  and is such a nice item to add to any baking collection. The gorilla is actually supposed to make your mixture extra light and fluffy and I can say that I definitely noticed the difference with using this little guy! The silicone handle is also really comfortable and doesn't dig into your hand when you're ferociously whisking away, so points all round!

4. The next item I want to talk about is the one pictures in 4 and 5 and it is a really useful and extremely cute Lakeland 3-in-1 dessert maker. This awesome little machine not only adds a bit of colour to your kitchen but makes doughnuts, whoopies and brownie bites and a load more! Lakeland also include a mini booklet with 12 easy recipes to get you started! We've only made cinnamon doughtnuts so far and they've turned out slightly stodgy but I don't know if this is because we're amateur bakers or if baking with this dessert maker just doesn't make doughnuts the way I expected them to come out. Either way, they're super quick to make, only needing 4 minutes in the machine and they are tasty! I am looking forward to trying out some whoopies or brownies with this machine though!

I absolutely adore Lakeland as a store for kitchen ware but if you know of any other awesome retailers or designers, let me know!

Much Love and Peace
Natalie xx

4 comments:

  1. i love it! <3

    http://same-but-diffrent.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love baking, I find it so relaxing, and you get to eat all the goodies at the end of it too! ps. majorly loving that whisk ha! x

    The Little Things

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could bake. I'll have to find a man that can.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hey cutie! Your apron is so sweet! I love the print and the fact it was £1 from Poundland makes it even better. Good for the messy cooks among us! You will have to show us a few things that you have baked! :)

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete